Field Notes Pitch Black Dot Graph 3 Pack Memo Books
Field Notes Pitch Black Ruled Field Notes Memo Book was introduced in 2013, and it quickly became one of their most popular memo books. After a few reprints, they've made some upgrades, and they're now offering a range of Pitch Black books with a variety of options.
The classic 3-1/2" ½ 5-1/2" Pitch Black memo books are still available in 3-Packs with the original Ruled 60# Finch Opaque body paper, but there's also a Dot Graph version now. Both versions are bound with glossy black staples and sturdy 118# covers featuring new, Field Notes-exclusive black/kraft duplex paper from French Paper Co.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: French Paper Co. custom-made 118#C 'Pitch Black Duplex' ('Blacktop' and 'Packing Brown Wrap') with a brute force application of 'Stephanite' (outside) and 'Dachshund Nose Black' (inside) soy-based Saphira inks.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T 'Bright White', with a fine, 1-color application of 'Light Mist Gray' soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color press.
05. Bound with gloss black staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
06. Corners precisely rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
07. Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" ½ 3/16" (4.7mm ½ 4.7mm). Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" ½ 5-1/2" (89mm ½ 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES note books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. UPCs: FN-33 Dot-Graph: 00858493003523, FN-34 Ruled: 00858493003530